Hello everyone! At long last, welcome back to Dappervolk! We hope you all had a safe landing back into this world. We will be outlining some updates since beta below to help everyone get a smooth start to their journey.
When your player character arrives in the world of Dappervolk, they will begin in the town of Louise Hill. As you meet the NPCs of this town, you will be presented with main-story quests that will teach you about basic game mechanics in Dappervolk. These tutorial quests have now been expanded upon and updated since our beta testing phase, to include new sections that will cover information about features that weren’t available yet in beta.
Additionally, a handful of existing quests have undergone some balancing and routing revisions.
Taking into account beta testing feedback, we have adjusted the pet hatching part of the tutorial to have a shortened hatch time. This is the only time you'll be able to hatch a pet more quickly than normal, and it will be for a specific, untradeable pet that has not been seen yet!
- If you had any Dappervolk redemption codes that you redeemed during beta testing, you'll be able to redeem it once again to own the item(s) permanently in official launch.
- If you've misplaced/lost the email containing a redemption code, simply send in a Support Ticket or email [email protected] with the email that you purchased/obtained the code with, and we'll be able to help you retrieve it.
As our beta testing phase occurred a while ago, we understand that some users with existing accounts may have forgotten their login names/passwords.
- A login name retrieval and password reset function is now available for users to access their account information. Simply go to the login page and click “Forgot your password?” Or visit this link: https://dappervolk.com/password/email
- If you've lost access to your account in another way and need assistance, feel free to send in a Support Ticket or email [email protected] with your problem for assistance from our support team.
When registering, a user can now enter the username of the user who referred them. This will allow the referrer to gain 1 point in the referral shop, and it will provide the referred user with a small bonus newbie pack!
As promised, the following items from our beta testing phase will be carried over to existing user accounts:
- Beta Pet Hatching Item (Prismatic Bell) - Awarded to all users who played during beta testing.
- Beta Tester Achievement - Awarded to all users who played during beta testing.
- Animated Spring Bloom Item - Distributed to users who placed in the top 25% for the Spring Event during beta testing.
- Beta Spring Event Trophies - Distributed to participants according to the event tier that they obtained in the Spring Event during beta testing.
All carry-over rewards will be present in the user’s account when they log back in, no need for codes or redemptions in this case!
We know many of you are excited to get your first start in our new guilds feature! Here are some important pre-launch tidbits to take note of about guilds:
- Guilds will require a certain set of mid-game prerequisites in order to gain the ability to create one, so we anticipate that it will take a bit of time for the first handful of guilds to begin appearing.
- Players can expect to first meet the NPC responsible for overseeing the creation of guilds toward the end of the first town’s tutorial quests. From this point forward, you will be able to approach them to inquire about forming a guild.
As many of our beta testers have experienced, Pet Alchemy is a feature by which you can create new and more powerful companions from existing pets. Since beta, this feature has undergone revisions and balancing
that will undoubtedly affect previous recipes and random alchemy results. As such, please be aware that Pet Alchemy will not be the same as it was during beta testing. This forewarning pertains to all recipes, including the Kickstarter
legendary pet recipes!
Additionally, players can expect to encounter a variety of new fantastical and legendary pets through Pet Alchemy - such as the two fantastical pets previously teased above. To uncover all of these new creatures, you'll either need to test your luck with random alchemy or find a recipe scroll!
We're happy to announce that in addition to our core staff team, we've hired on a team of 10 Jr. Moderators which you can now see on the [url=http://https://dappervolk.com/staff
]Staff[/url] page! They will be facilitating and helping users out in the forums and around the site. Welcome to our new Jr. Mods!
Currently, you may notice that the Custom submission page has no submission option, we're currently refining certain aspects of the system so that requests can go in smoothly with no hiccups, this should take a few days but we will give everyone an update when it becomes available!
Now that the site is fully launched, our Turnip Shop
is now live! You may now purchase our premium currency, which can be used to buy premium items from Agnes
in Peddler's Port.
Our potato and turnip monthly limited shops
, hosted by Agnes' grandchildren, will allso receive their first sets of items in the beginning of July!
New and returning seasonal Pride items
will be obtainable through gameplay for the rest of June once the site launches!
The Seasonal Charity Pet Sale
will end on July 4th, 2020. After this, the Feathered Gem hatchable will not be obtainable until the next charity event is held.
A brand new site-wide summer event
is planned to occur some time in July/August!
Thank you so much for your continued support and love
for the game. We hope you enjoy Dappervolk! ♥