I. The types of personal information that Dappervolk collects from users:
- Account registration information: user names, login names, email addresses, parent or legal guardian email addresses, and birth dates.
- Login information: IP addresses, cookies, and web analytics.
- Voluntary text-field submissions: site features where a user is able to enter text into a text-field may or may not contain voluntarily submitted personal information, which is collected as a part of many of our communication-based features (such as forum posts, profiles, support tickets, etc.).
- Payment information, as it relates to the purchase of official Dappervolk products, such as payment agent details.
- Job applications: submitted documents such as resumes, cover letters, and portfolios.
II. How Dappervolk collects personal information:
- We collect some personal information directly when users provide it to us, automatically as users navigate through Dappervolk.com.
- Personal information is actively collected when completing registration for an account, when a user updates their account details, when a user logs into their account, when users purchase official products from Dappervolk, when subscribing to our newsletter, when submitting a support ticket or direct communication to us, when entering contests, and when applying for a job or volunteer position on Dappervolk.
- Personal information may be passively collected when users voluntarily submit text to our site features that allow for text-field submissions, and when users buy or provide items or services on Dappervolk.
III. Personal information that Dappervolk collects about you from others:
A. Although we generally collect personal information directly from the player, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about players from other sources. In particular:
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers in order to process a transaction.
IV. How Dappervolk uses personal information:
A. We use personal information:
A1. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:Operating Dappervolk;
- Providing you with services described on Dappervolk;
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to Dappervolk;
- Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- Updating you with operational news and information about Dappervolk e.g. to notify you about changes to Dappervolk, website disruptions or updates;
- Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- Monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to Dappervolk;
- Managing our relationship with the user, e.g. by responding to comments or queries submitted to us on Dappervolk or asking for user feedback;
- Managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- Training Snail Games staff about how to best serve our user community;
- Improving our products and services;
- Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- Processing job or volunteer position applications to Snail Games.
A2. Where the user gives us consent:
- Providing the user with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you.
A3. For purposes which are required by law.
A4. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
V. When Dappervolk may disclose collected personal information:
A. We will only disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Developers of Dappervolk, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who may be located in any of the countries Dappervolk is available in;
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in US; payment processing services which are located in the US, Canada; Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations;
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in Canada;
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- Other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
VI. Where Dappervolk transfers and/or stores personal information:
- As Dappervolk’s servers are based in the United States, your data will primarily be processed and stored in the United States.
VII. How Dappervolk keeps personal information secure:
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers.
- Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
VIII. If you are a User or visitor in the European Economic Area, the following data rights apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), we are a ‘data controller’ of personal information submitted to us by users.
- Users that are protected under GDPR law are entitled to request their personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing.
- These rights are limited in some situations - for example, if we can reasonably demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process a user’s personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if a user withdraws their consent to the terms herein or requests removal of such information.
- Where we require a user’s personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us.
- If a user has unresolved concerns, they have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
- To make an access, correction, or removal request, submit a support ticket at the Ticket Desk. In accordance with GDPR laws, you will receive your requested info and/or assistance without undue delay.
6.1. Such requests are subject to some limitations, such as but not limited to:
- Time and resources required on the part of Snail Games staff to aggregate the associated data and/or process such requests; and
- Abuse of this provision, such as unnecessarily frequent or repeated requests.
VIIII. Information about children:
- Dappervolk is not accessible for children under the age of 13 years. If any individual is under 13, we ask that they do not use Dappervolk or submit their personal information to us. If an individual is from 13 to 16 years, they can play Dappervolk but will need to provide the email address of a parent or legal guardian to become a registered User.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of Dappervolk.
X. Information you make public or give to others:
- If Users voluntarily make their personal information available to other Users on Dappervolk, we cannot control or accept responsibility for the way others will use or manage that data. It is the User’s responsibility to be mindful when making any amount of potentially personally identifiable information publicly available or giving such information to another User.
XI. How long does Dappervolk keep a User’s personal information:
XII. Regarding policy updates:
- We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify users about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
XIII. How users can contact us:
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us through the Ticket Desk onsite or email [email protected]