In order for us to ensure an overall positive community experience, we require all Users to read our Code of Conduct, which covers our rules, guidelines, and expectations regarding behavior and interactions on our forums. In using the Dappervolk Forums, you agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct; Failure to do so may result in a loss of forum privileges, or an account warning, suspension, or account closure depending on the severity of the incident.
- Read the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct before posting.
Be respectful to forum members, volunteer moderators, and staff.
Our community philosophy:
- Be respectful
- Be kind
- Encourage responsible use of our forums and site and discourage disruptive behavior
- Encourage the free flow of ideas and discussion while maintaining a civil, constructive, and creative space
You agree to not post or otherwise transmit content that:
- Infringes or violates any third party rights.
- Violates laws or regulations.
- Transmits real-life personal information about other Users, people you know, or Dappervolk staff.
- Involves the use of illegal drugs or performing illegal activities.
Promotes hatred of or insultingly refers to:
- Any race, nation, or culture.
- Any aspect of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Religions or religious figures.
- Physical or mental disabilities.
Refers to violent sexual acts, pornography, inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions, gratuitously offensive content, or intent to commit real life violent acts.
- This includes offering or seeking art with this type of content.
- Do not publicly post grievances without contacting staff concerning User disputes. Immediately report the post so that we may investigate it.
Do not make threats against any User including reference to violence or death in any capacity.
- Immediately report the post so that we can investigate it.
- Our community philosophy:
Do not engage in malicious reporting. This is defined as:
- Reporting a User for a violation and continue to engage with them after.
- Post threads/comments meant to troll or target other Users and then report the reactions.
Do not scam Users. Scamming can result in account actions up to and including permanent account closure.
Do not false advertise or “click bait” through thread titles or links
- If a thread, profile description, profile comment, pet description, private message, or signature is found containing a suspicious or potentially harmful link, please send a report ticket immediately so that we can investigate it.
- Do not false advertise or “click bait” through thread titles or links
Stay on topic, creating a separate post if needed.
Do not spam the forum. This includes but is not limited to:
- Posting the same thread/subject across multiple forums, or the same post/response across multiple threads
- Posting solely to increase post count
Threads or posts that contain nothing but meaningless content, gibberish, "l33tsp34k", etc are NOT okay.
- Silly threads and Photoshop threads are okay, as long as similar content is constrained to one thread.
- If you are selling your Dappervolk fan art or commissions in the Dappervolk forums, you must remain on-topic by offering at least one piece of fan art or one commission for Dappervolk currency.
Do not post threads or replies meant to "troll". Accounts made to troll will be closed."Trolling" is defined as:
- Commenting/posting in a manner intended to elicit overly strong negative and emotional responses or for shock value
- Attempts to derail threads
- Personal attacks
- Roleplay may not have gratuitous or implied violence that is not in line with existing site lore
- Language and imagery that implies or overtly states non-consensual sex, child abuse, domestic abuse, etc is not permitted.
- Do not spam the forum. This includes but is not limited to:
Do not post threads solely to advertise in another forum.
- Do not post threads requesting or providing medical advice or counseling.
Do not "mini-mod" This includes but is not limited to:
Attempting to control how others post - Users are free to ignore threads they do not like or want to see.
- This includes the Suggestions Forum - please review our Suggestions Forum Policy to learn what behavior we expect on this board.
- Threatening to report a member (“I’m going to report you.”) or informing another member they have been reported (“You’ve just been reported.”)
- Telling a volunteer moderator how to moderate
- Offer gifts in exchange for moderation
- Attempting to control how others post - Users are free to ignore threads they do not like or want to see.
Do not use bright flashing or vibrating gifs.
- It is okay to post gifs, but it is not okay to post gifs with the intent to harm or harass someone.
Do not bump threads in the forums. This includes but is not limited to:
- “Up”, “bump”, “to the top!”, “^”, etc.
- Bumping a thread and deleting the post that bumped it (“ghost-bumping”)
The following thread types are EXEMPT:
- Tradesmarket Threads
- Art Sales/Commissions Threads
- Writing Sales/Commissions Threads
Do not discuss Customer Support decisions or account actions
- Accounts and/or Threads made for this purpose will be closed without warning
- We reserve the right to remove threads or posts without notification or follow-up.
- Do not post about or discuss thread moderation. Any questions regarding thread moderation should be sent via support ticket.
- Do not post petitions, "I demand an answer" threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.
- Do not post on behalf of a suspended or banned user.
Do not post content or link to content with "leaked" or "mined" information about the Dappervolk site updates.
- If it hasn't been released into the site or a part of our official Kickstarter information, it will be removed without notice.
All forum content is permitted or removed at Dappervolk's discretion
You further agree not to engage in any of the following behaviors:
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Dappervolk employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Take any action, upload, post, email, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains viruses, malicious software, cheats, or processes intended to automate gameplay. If you would like to legitimately report such material, please send a message to staff through a support ticket.
- Post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
- Attempt to gain access to a password, other account information, or other private information. Remember: Dappervolk staff and volunteer moderators will NEVER ask for your password. Do not reveal your password or sensitive account information to anyone.
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another member.
- Advertise or solicit the sale or trade of a Dappervolk account; advertise or solicit the sale or trade of any account or item related to another game that does not permit such trades; advertise or solicit the sale of Potatoes, Turnips or items for real world currency; promote or aid in any such transaction.
- Improperly use the customer support ticketing system or make false reports to Dappervolk staff.
You agree that Dappervolk may take whatever steps it deems necessary to maintain a suitable forum environment at its sole discretion and without notice to you.
These rules are intended to maintain a healthy, creative, constructive space for all of our Users to interact with each other and staff. If you have any feedback or questions regarding our forums, please feel free to send us a message through a support ticket - we always welcome constructive feedback! Please be advised that we do receive a high volume of tickets and may not always be able to personally reply to your message but we read everything.
Thank you for your support and cooperation. Welcome to Dappervolk and its forums, we hope you enjoy your stay!