After extensive coding and testing behind the scenes, we're finally ready to introduce our next content release!
This update includes our NPC affection expansion content, introduces a new saved outfits feature in your wardrobe, and enables premium account upgrades for players to help us test its balancing. To implement this update, we'll need to conduct some maintenance onsite for a short period to get everything up and running - details on the upcoming maintenance period are listed below.
TERMS OF SERVICE / RULES UPDATE
Additionally, we need to take a moment to discuss an important policy update that will be occurring. Due to the recent General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) international laws coming into effect, we will be updating our Terms of Service agreement and rules. When the site comes out of maintenance, a notification banner will pop up and direct you to our updated Terms of Service page. You will be required to agree to the updated terms (by clicking the checkmark and hitting the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page) before you can resume navigating the site as usual. For European users that are under the age of 16 and subject to GDPR regulations, you will also need to provide the email of your legal guardian - they will receive an email and link to verify that they give consent to Dappervolk to process the information outlined in our terms.
We're also hard at work overhauling our Terms of Service and rules pages for a future update that we hope will improve, clarify, and add to the existing language within.
WARDROBE UPDATE - SAVED OUTFITS & UI
- Wardrobes now have a "Saved Outfits" button to store, save, and name your favorite outfit combinations.
- We've added a "Save PNG" button that allows you to save a PNG copy of your current outfit to your computer.
- Sorting your clothing order and managing your saved outfits will no longer show up as popup modals that sometimes cover the avatar preview image. This should keep your avatar preview visible at all times in your wardrobe now.
- Currently equipped items will now display as grayed out within your drawers for ease of recognition.
NPC AFFECTION EXPANSION
- The first chitchat with an NPC each day will grant you +1 affection with them.
- The NPC Diary's affection meters now grant milestone rewards, which come in the form of a private message from that NPC with gifts attached! If you already have a high amount of affection, simply chitchat with the NPC to receive their reward.
- Affection milestone rewards can vary from quests, to currency, items, and even chance shop unlocks. If you didn't unlock an NPC's shop from your story choices during the main quest line, you can now do so by earning an NPC's trust!
- This update contains 12 new quests to unlock, in which players get to learn more about the NPC and build their friendship.
During our Kickstarter campaign, backers unlocked a beta-only 30 day premium account badge to help us test out the balancing of the feature for its eventual release during official launch. These items were previously disabled as our coders prepped for its introduction - so we're excited to announce that everyone can now redeem their premium badges and help us test this new feature!
What perks do premium upgraded accounts get?
- Increased daily Playground caps: +2000 potatoes, +2 item rewards
- Increased daily forum post potato cap: +2000 potatoes
- Increased Daily Bonus tasks: +1 potato reward task, +1 stat reward task
- One extra town hop
- Citizen account rank
- Access to premium-only underwear selections in your wardrobe
If you weren't able to participate in our Kickstarter campaign to get yourself a premium badge to help us test during beta, don't worry! We'll most likely be distributing more badges as upcoming event prizes, so that more people can get a chance to test out the feature and provide us with feedback on it.
What are our goals for the premium upgrade feature?
In balancing this feature, our goal is that it should feel like it adds some minor daily perks and a few aesthetic-only perks for premium upgraded players - but it should not feel like it provides significant gameplay advantages over normal players. We're eager to hear what our testers think about how the current premium perks are balanced to fulfill these goals, so please let us know!QUEST-RELATED ADJUSTMENTS
- Daily quests now award conecakes according to each NPC's affiliated virtue.
- Player options in daily quests have been re-ordered to be more consistent.
- Dialogue in some daily quests has been condensed so that it requires less clicking.
- Item hand-in tasks should now accept any color of a clothing item!
- Alternate task options are now available for newbies with no pets in all Louise Hill daily quests.
- Trade transaction tasks in quests now work as intended.
- Redirections have been cleaned up on all quests.
- More NPC expression errors were fixed.
- Included an alternate option to posting in forums in the Old Farmhand's main quest.
- Trout's side quest released, will be unlocked for everyone who has finished the 3's Forest main quest line.
- Added an alternate player option for players who hatched their first pet too early in the "Your First Pet" quest.
NEW CONTENT PROGRESS
With the NPC affection expansion content released for testing, we'll now be able to focus more on our next content releases: the site-wide event and Silvie's Mine. The way things are looking at the moment, the site-wide event will take place first and then Silvie's Mine will be released afterward. As we get closer to releasing these features, we'll update everyone with more details and information about the new content in a news post - so stay tuned!
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
We hope you enjoy the new content!