Terms of ServiceTerms
Users must be 13 years of age or older and agree to our Terms and Conditions of Service to use Dappervolk. Users under the age of 18 years, defined as minors under US law, are allowed to access the Dappervolk website but they must make their parents or legal guardians aware of the Dappervolk Terms of Service. By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.Dappervolk strives to be a safe website, but cannot always control the actions of our users. As such, parents must accept and understand that minors play at their own risk.
- You agree to provide accurate information upon registration. This includes your own name, your own valid email address, and your own date of birth. This information must remain accurate, and must be updated if your circumstances change.
- It is the User's responsibility to create a strong login name and password, and to keep their login name and password secure from the knowledge of others.
- You agree to register a maximum of one account per individual User.
- In the circumstance that any User's account is permanently banned, that banned account still counts toward that User's maximum of one registered account per individual User.
- Your privilege to use the Dappervolk website is not transferable. Your account may not be given away or sold to another user or person.
- You are prohibited from sharing your Dappervolk account with another person(s) at any time.
- The sale of Dappervolk assets (including but not limited to items, pets, prize codes, currency, and accounts) for real world currency is prohibited.
- Dappervolk may terminate, ban or suspend an account at any time, for any reason, without notification.
- All items, Pets, Potatoes, Turnips, and other aspects of your account are considered to be a limited license to you for your use while your account is open. Due to the limited nature of the license: the inventory in your account, your User Submissions and any other virtual items (including Potatoes and Turnips), and creations or submissions, are considered to be forfeit: when you close your account, if the account is banned for violation of the Terms or otherwise terminated as provided herein, or in the event that Dappervolk discontinues the Site. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Dappervolk may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing access to Dappervolk, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to Dappervolk or any account you may have may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Dappervolk shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination.
- Discussion of, or relating to, specific incidents of account suspension or termination is not permitted on Dappervolk. Any and all inquiries regarding an account action should be directed to staff via support ticket by any affected parties. This is to protect the account owner. Please keep in mind that Dappervolk staff, in order to protect User privacy, will never disclose account-related issues with anyone but the owner of the affected account.
Beta Testing Conduct
As one of the Official Dappervolk Beta Testers, you agree to the following:
- You will utilize the appropriate “spoiler” tags provided onsite when creating forum topics or forum replies that may include information that must be unlocked through gameplay mechanics. This includes but is not limited to information about quest branches or outcomes, quest requirements, alchemy recipes, and achievement requirements.
- When creating a forum topic that discusses such information, utilize the “Spoiler” tag checkbox on the topic creation page.
- When posting on a forum topic that is not tagged as having spoilers, contain such information inside a “spoiler” bbcode tag. The bbcode syntax for this tag is: [ spoiler ] Your text here. [ spoiler ]
- If a topic itself is already tagged as containing spoilers, you do not need to utilize the bbcode within your posts for that topic.
- You will not gloat, boast, or brag as a means to belittle, demean, offend, or otherwise unsettle other Beta Testers for any reason (this includes but is not limited to reaching certain Quests more quickly than others, finding more bugs, or acquiring more site assets). This is a friendly Community that is working together to find bugs and identify gameplay issues in Dappervolk’s Beta testing period.
- We do, however, greatly encourage positive feedback and reinforcement between Testers that successfully seek out and report any issues or bugs within Dappervolk.
- If you have any grievances with another Beta Tester, please refrain from further interaction and immediately send in a Support Ticket so that it may be investigated and handled by a staff member.
- You understand that, by being an Official Dappervolk Beta Tester, it does not exempt you from Dappervolk’s Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct, or Rules & Guidelines.
- If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions of Service detailed herein, or otherwise refuse to adhere to Dappervolk’s Code of Conduct and Rules & Guidelines, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the site.
- In addition, failure to comply can result in a permanent ban from Dappervolk, as Beta Testing player accounts carry through to Official Launch.
User Submitted Content
User-generated content includes forum posts, onsite chatroom posts, user profiles, pet profiles, and any content submitted to Dappervolk by Users. Users retain full ownership to the content they submit. Upon submitting your user-generated content to Dappervolk, for the sole purpose of making your content available to other Dappervolk Users on Dappervolk, you grant Dappervolk a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, change, transmit, alter, redistribute, re-format, store, and create derivative works from such content, as well as to publicly display and perform your content in any media known or hereafter created.
Users are welcome to submit their suggestions and ideas to Dappervolk. Upon submission of a suggestion or idea, you agree that you will not receive compensation for the use of the idea.
In the event that an intellectual property holder or their representative finds a User on Dappervolk is infringing their rights, the holder or representative may send a DMCA takedown letter via report ticket.
What this means: Dappervolk values the intellectual property of others. If your work has been stolen, we will assist in having it removed.
- You may not use the site for unlawful purposes. This includes posting, distributing, or promoting content that is illegal.
- You may not post unsolicited advertising in chat, forums, or private messages.
- Distributing material which may cause harm to Dappervolk or its users is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to programs, software, and scripts designed to damage, exploit, disrupt, or otherwise allow unauthorized access to any Dappervolk accounts or content.
- Do not share your sensitive information or the information of others, publicly or privately, anywhere on the Dappervolk website. This includes, but is not limited to full names, addresses, and photographs (such as “selfies”).
- You may not impersonate another person or imply that you are a Dappervolk employee, contractor, or staff member.
- Harassment of other users is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, abusive language, spamming, and encouraging other users to target an individual by proxy.
- Comments that are abusive, aggressive, personally insulting, flaming, baiting, or threatening are not permitted.
- Pornography of any kind is not permitted. This includes written or visual.
- You must agree to and abide by Dappervolk's Rules and Guidelines and Code of Conduct for all places where Users can input text, including but not limited to: news comments, forum messages, user profiles, pet profiles, pet names, and usernames.
- Exploitation and/or dissemination of knowledge of glitches, bugs, or loopholes is not permitted. The discovery of an exploitable glitch, bug, or loophole should be reported immediately and confidentially via report ticket so that Dappervolk may correct the issue.
- The use of bots, “macros”, scripts, auto-refreshers, or third party software designed to play any part of the game for you, in any way, is not permitted.
- The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that shortcut or alter site functions to run or appear in ways that are not intended by site design is not permitted.
- The use of bots, “macros”, scripts, or third party software that generate an excessive amount of concurrent connections or potentially damage site stability is not permitted. This includes using browser functions, add-ons, extensions, etc. to hit Dappervolk's server infrastructure in repetitive or disproportionate ways. These incidents will be reviewed thoroughly on a case-by-case basis.
- The use of virtual private networks (VPNs) or proxy servers to access Dappervolk is not permitted. Using of such connections to Dappervolk will result in your account being flagged and investigated.
- Item or pet "lending" is not a supported transaction. The Dappervolk development and Customer Support team will not be able to assist in cases where a lent item or pet is not returned, as these types of deals are conducted at the user's own risk. To avoid fraudulent trades, please use the Tradesmarket.
Disclaimers; No Warranties
You acknowledge that Dappervolk has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to Dappervolk; what Materials you access via Dappervolk; what effects such Materials may have on you; how you may interpret or use such Materials; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to such Materials. Dappervolk may contain links to websites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. You release Dappervolk from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Materials through the Website.Dappervolk and any third-party software, services, or applications made available in conjunction with or through Dappervolk are provided “as-is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Dappervolk, its suppliers, licensors, and partners do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or results of the use of Dappervolk in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, or correction. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of Dappervolk at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data.CERTAIN PROVINCIAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Indemnification / Hold Harmless
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold Dappervolk, its affiliated companies, officers, employees, agents, suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use or misuse of Dappervolk, violation of these Terms, violation of the rights of any other person or entity, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. Dappervolk reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Dappervolk, and you agree to cooperate with Dappervolk's defense of these claims.
All of the contents and elements of Dappervolk, unless otherwise stated, are copyright 2016-2018 Snail Games. This includes user-submitted suggestions, derivative works, and custom pet/item art.
Art Sales Policy
- You may sell your digital Dappervolk fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Dappervolk Currency, as long as you acknowledge that Dappervolk retains all copyrights to its pets, characters, designs, logos, game assets, and concepts.
- You may display your Dappervolk fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or URL text to or for Dappervolk.com on or near the image.
- Dappervolk intellectual property (IP) may be sold for "real world" currency with some limitations.
- You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of Dappervolk’s Official Artwork or logos.
- Sales of commissions, fan art, craft projects, or any other creation using Dappervolk IP are permitted, so long as they:
- Do not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of Dappervolk’s Official Artwork or logos.
- Do not make up the majority of what a seller is selling at any convention(s) or event(s).
- Do not make up any part of a short-term or long-term business.
- Tangible fan-made merchandise utilizing Dappervolk IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Dappervolk currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency), but may not be sold continuously for "real world" currency as a main source of income.
- Artwork utilizing the Dappervolk IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: Shapeways, Deviantart Prints, Redbubble, Cafepress, Zazzle, Storenvy, Etsy and similar entities.
- Artwork sales of original works, tangible and digital, utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Dappervolk's IP.
Virtual Currency Purchases
As a User, you may accumulate two types of virtual currencies known as "Potatoes" and “Turnips”, which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of Dappervolk when, as, and if allowed by Dappervolk. Potatoes and Turnips are the fictional currency used in the world of Dappervolk and they may only be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the User's inventory and can be used to enhance the look of the User's online persona, also known as an "Avatar", or other on-site features. Dappervolk may charge fees for the right to use Potatoes and/or Turnips, or may distribute Potatoes and/or Turnips without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, both Potatoes and Turnips represent a limited license right governed solely under these Terms, have no real value, and are not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Dappervolk at any time.As a condition of using Dappervolk and accumulating Potatoes and Turnips, you agree that Dappervolk has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Potatoes and Turnips, including the Potatoes and/or Turnips in your account, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that Dappervolk will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Upon your closing of your account or the termination of your account by Dappervolk as provided in these terms, you understand that your limited license to use Potatoes and Turnips will be terminated and that no sum shall be due or owed to you for the Potatoes and/or Turnips accumulated in your inventory or account.
Dappervolk allows its Users to purchase a virtual currency. This currency is called "Turnips", and is used to purchase a variety of virtual products on Dappervolk.com. The User agrees that they are receiving a license for this virtual content and have no claim of ownership toward the content. Users are liable for the transactions they submit.
- All Turnips and virtual items sales are final and non-refundable.
- All digital purchases made on Dappervolk are for the USE of items within the website, and are not indicative of personal ownership of said items.
- Users who attempt to issue a Paypal Chargeback on Turnip purchases will have their account terminated.
- By submitting a transaction through PayPal for any Dappervolk merchandise, including virtual merchandise or currency “Turnips”, you agree that you are authorized to use the PayPal account you are sending the payment from. If you are found to be accessing a PayPal account and sending illegitimate transactions, you agree to be held liable for civil and/or criminal penalties as Dappervolk pursues all fraud avenues through your bank, PayPal, your credit card company, and any and all legal avenues that Dappervolk uses. You agree that all data you have submitted to Dappervolk will be used to identify you to police, credit card companies, PayPal employees, banks, courts, and any other entity involved in your attempt to recover funds and Dappervolk's attempt to pursue civil or criminal penalties.
Dappervolk reserves the right to modify or discontinue the site with or without notice to you. Dappervolk will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the site. Dappervolk reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Terms herein at any time by posting an updated version on the website. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of Dappervolk after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the site.
Updated: March 1, 2018