Terms and Conditions of Use
Dappervolk strives to be a safe website, but cannot always control the actions of our users. As such, parents must understand that minors play at their own risk.
- You agree to provide accurate information upon registration. This includes your own name, your own valid email address, and your own date of birth. This information must remain accurate, and must be updated if your circumstances change.
- It is the User's responsibility to create a strong password and keep that password secure from the knowledge of others.
- You agree to register a maximum of one account per individual User.
- Your privilege to use the Dappervolk website is not transferable. Your account may not be given away or sold to another user or person.
- The sale of Dappervolk items, currency, or accounts for real world currency is prohibited.
Dappervolk may terminate, ban or suspend an account at any time, for any reason, without notification.
- All items, Pets, Potatoes, Turnips, and other aspects of your account are considered to be a limited license to you for your use while your account is open. Due to the limited nature of the license: the inventory in your account, your User Submissions and any other virtual items (including Potatoes and Turnips), and creations or submissions, are considered to be forfeit: when you close your account, if the account is banned for violation of the Terms or otherwise terminated as provided herein, or in the event that Dappervolk discontinues the Site. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Dappervolk may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing access to Dappervolk, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to Dappervolk or any account you may have may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Dappervolk shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination.
- Discussion of, or relating to, specific incidents of account suspension or termination is not permitted in the Dappervolk forums. Any and all inquiries regarding an account action should be directed to staff via support ticket by any affected parties. This is to protect the account owner. Please keep in mind that Dappervolk staff, in order to protect User privacy, will never disclose account-related issues with anyone but the owner of the affected account.
Alpha Testing Conduct
As one of the Official Dappervolk Alpha Testers, you agree to the following:
You will not share, discuss, or post anything related to Dappervolk’s Quest feature with
- Anyone who is not an Official Dappervolk Alpha Tester, or Dappervolk Moderator, Administrator, or Coder.
- Anyone whose access to the site has been revoked, including but not limited to any alpha testers that have been banned from the site.
- Please tag your discussions with anything Quest related with [SPOILER] for other Alpha Testers that do not want to view “spoilers”
You will not gloat, boast, or brag as a means to belittle, demean, offend, or otherwise unsettle other Alpha Testers if you find more bugs or reach certain Quests more quickly than others. This is a friendly Community working together to find the issues and bugs in Dappervolk’s Alpha testing period; this should not be treated as a competition.
- We do, however, greatly encourage positive feedback and reinforcement between Testers that successfully seek out and report any issues or bugs within Dappervolk.
- If you have any grievances with another Alpha Tester, please refrain from further interaction and immediately send in a Support Ticket so that it may be investigated.
- You understand that being an Official Dappervolk Alpha Tester does not exempt you from Dappervolk’s Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct, or Rules & Guidelines.
You agree that failure to comply will exempt you from Alpha Testing and your slot will be rescinded. Depending on the severity of your actions, you may lose other privileges (i.e. access to Dappervolk Beta, etc.). If these Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the site and relinquish your Alpha Testing slot.
User Submitted Content
User-generated content includes forum posts, chatroom posts, user profiles, pet profiles, and any content submitted to Dappervolk by Users. Users retain full ownership to the content they submit. Upon submitting your user-generated content to Dappervolk, for the sole purpose of making your content available to other Dappervolk Users on Dappervolk, you grant Dappervolk a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, change, transmit, alter, redistribute, re-format, store, create derivative works from, publicly display and perform your content in any media known or hereafter created.
Users are welcome to submit their suggestions and ideas to Dappervolk. Upon submission of a suggestion or idea, you agree that you will not receive compensation for the use of the idea.
In the event that an intellectual property holder or their representative finds a User on Dappervolk is infringing their rights, the holder or representative may send a DMCA takedown letter via report ticket.
What this means: Dappervolk values the intellectual property of others. If your work has been stolen, we will assist in having it removed.
- You may not use the site for unlawful purposes. This includes posting, distributing, or promoting content that is illegal.
- You may not post unsolicited advertising in chat, forums, or private messages.
- Distributing material which may cause harm to Dappervolk or its users is not permitted. This includes programs designed to damage, disrupt, or allow unauthorized access to user accounts.
- Do not publish your sensitive information or the information of others.
- You may not impersonate another person or imply that you are a Dappervolk employee or staff member.
- Harassment of other users is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, abusive language, spamming, and encouraging other users to target an individual by proxy.
- Comments that are abusive, aggressive, personally insulting, or threatening are not permitted.
- Pornography of any kind is not permitted. This includes written or visual.
- You must agree to and abide by Dappervolk's Rules and Guidelines for all places where Users can input text, including but not limited to: news comments, forum messages, profiles, pet profiles, pet names, and usernames.
- Exploitation of glitches or loopholes is not permitted. The discovery of a new bug should be reported immediately so that Dappervolk may take steps to correct the issue.
- The use of bots, scripts, auto-refreshers, or third party software designed to play the game for you in any way is not permitted.
- The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that shortcut or alter site functions to run or appear in ways that are not intended by site design is not permitted.
- The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that generate an excessive amount of concurrent connections or potentially damage site stability is not permitted. This can fall under the realm of using browser functions, add-ons, extensions, etc. to hit Dappervolk's server infrastructure in repetitive or disproportionate ways. These incidents will be reviewed thoroughly on a case-by-case basis.
- Item or pet "lending" is not a supported transaction. The Dappervolk development and Customer Support team will not be able to assist in cases where a lent item or pet is not returned, and these types of deals are conducted at the user's own risk. To avoid fraudulent trades, please use the Tradesmarket.
Disclaimers; No Warranties
You acknowledge that Dappervolk has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to Dappervolk; what Materials you access via Dappervolk; what effects such Materials may have on you; how you may interpret or use such Materials; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to such Materials. Dappervolk may contain links to websites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. You release Dappervolk from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Materials through the Website.
Dappervolk and any third-party software, services, or applications made available in conjunction with or through Dappervolk are provided “as-is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Dappervolk, its suppliers, licensors, and partners do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or results of the use of Dappervolk in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, or correction. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of Dappervolk at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Indemnification / Hold Harmless
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold Dappervolk, its affiliated companies, officers, employees, agents, suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use or misuse of Dappervolk, violation of these Terms, violation of the rights of any other person or entity, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. Dappervolk reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Dappervolk, and you agree to cooperate with Dappervolk's defense of these claims.
All of the contents and elements of Dappervolk, unless otherwise stated, are copyright 2017 Snail Games. This includes user-submitted suggestions, derivative works, and custom pet/item art.
Art Sales Policy
- You may sell your digital Dappervolk fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Dappervolk Currency, as long as you acknowledge that Dappervolk retains all copyrights to its pets, characters, designs, logos, game assets, and concepts.
- You may display your Dappervolk fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or URL text to or for Dappervolk.com on or near the image.
Dappervolk intellectual property (IP) may be sold for "real world" currency with some limitations.
- You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of Dappervolk’s Official Artwork or logos.
Sales of commissions, fan art, craft projects, or any other creation using Dappervolk IP are permitted, so long as they
- Do not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of Dappervolk’s Official Artwork or logos.
- Do not make up the majority of what a seller is selling at any convention(s) or event(s).
- Do not make up any part of a short-term or long-term business.
- Tangible fan made merchandise utilizing Dappervolk IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Dappervolk currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency), but may not be sold continuously for "real world" currency as a main source of income.
- Artwork utilizing the Dappervolk IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, storenvy, etsy and similar entities.
- Artwork sales of original works, tangible and digital, utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Dappervolk's IP.
Virtual Currency Purchases
As a User, you may accumulate virtual currency known as "Potatoes", which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of Dappervolk when, as, and if allowed by Dappervolk. Potatoes are the fictional currency used in the world of Dappervolk and it may only be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the User's inventory and can be used to enhance the look of the User's online persona, also known as an "Avatar", or other on-site features. Dappervolk may charge fees for the right to use Potatoes, or may distribute Potatoes without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, Potatoes represents a limited license right governed solely under these Terms, has no real value, and is not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Dappervolk at any time.
As a condition of using Dappervolk and accumulating Potatoes, you agree that Dappervolk has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Potatoes, including the Potatoes in your inventory, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that Dappervolk will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Upon your closing of your account or the termination of your account by Dappervolk as provided in these terms, you understand that your limited license to use Potatoes will be terminated and that no sum shall be due or owed to you for the Potatoes accumulated in your inventory or account.
Dappervolk allows its Users to purchase a virtual currency. This currency is called "Turnips", and is used to purchase a variety of virtual products on Dappervolk.com. The User agrees that they are receiving a license for this virtual content and have no claim of ownership toward the content. Users are liable for the transactions they submit.
- All Turnips and virtual items sales are final and non-refundable.
- All digital purchases made on Dappervolk are for the USE of items within the website, and are not indicative of personal ownership of said items.
Users who attempt to issue a Paypal Chargeback on Turnip purchases will have their account terminated.
- By submitting a transaction through PayPal for any Dappervolk merchandise, including virtual merchandise or currency “Turnips”, you agree that you are authorized to use the PayPal account you are sending the payment from. If you are found to be accessing a PayPal account and sending illegitimate transactions, you agree to be held liable for civil and/or criminal penalties as Dappervolk pursues all fraud avenues through your bank, PayPal, your credit card company, and any and all legal avenues that Dappervolk uses. You agree that all data you have submitted to Dappervolk will be used to identify you to police, credit card companies, PayPal employees, banks, courts, and any other entity involved in your attempt to recover funds and Dappervolk's attempt to pursue civil or criminal penalties.
Dappervolk reserves the right to modify or discontinue the site with or without notice to you. Dappervolk will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the site. Dappervolk reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the website. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of Dappervolk after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the site.