Louise Hill Riddle Contest!
Hello everyone, welcome to our first Adventuring Riddle Writing Contest hosted after site launch! This time for our first town, Louise Hill. We'll be holding riddle contests for each town once in a while to bolster the riddle count in each area!
Click the button above to access the riddle form, or click here!
- You can write and submit as many riddles as you can come up with within the time frame of this contest.
- Each user can enter as many times as they want, but they can only get up to 4 riddles accepted!
- Make sure you enter your correct username and ID!
- You must write your own riddles, no plagiarism allowed!
- Each riddle that we choose to use in adventuring will grant you 75 turnips on site!
- 25 Pet Accessory Makers, 15 Premium Badges (30 Day), and 1 Premium Badge (90 day) will be raffled off to all participants.
- We may increase the number of prizes depending on the number of entrants.
- Each participant can only win a raffled item prize once!
- All prizes will be sent to each winner on site at the end of the contest.
The riddle question itself can be up to a paragraph or as short as a sentence.
Maximum length is 8 lines. It can rhyme or be succinctly worded, the choice is yours.
For riddles in Louise Hill, we'll be looking for thematically fitting riddles, so riddles related to farming, temperate meadows and hills, vegetables, produce, and the NPC’s of the town, etc will have an advantage. We judge based on cleverness of subject matter and writing flow!
How do I write a Dappervolk style riddle?
It is easiest to craft a riddle by going backwards from the answer you first decide on. Here is a link to the wiki that explains the symbolism of each virtue in more detail: https://dappervolk.fandom.com/wiki/Adventuring#Riddles
Do you have any tips on how best I can get my riddle selected?
Things that factor into our judging process are the uniqueness of the answer, how easy it is to guess (try to avoid using words that allude directly to the answer), if the riddle makes sense, and how well a riddle is written.
Can I use existing riddles found on the internet?
Plagiarism is against the rules, please write your own riddles! We cannot use creative property made by other parties on Dappervolk without permission from the actual creators. Plagiarism found on any of your riddles will cause all entries submitted by you within this contest to be disqualified.
I'm already confused by the current amount...
Too many are too similar and some even have the same answer...
The answers are too vague for this.